SHOW THE WORLD (STW) DRUMMING
I began my musical journey around the age of 5. Much to my parents dirty looks, I would constantly bash on coffee tin lids, and biscuit lids with chopsticks to Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Metallica. The very first song I remember playing along to was, "Where Eagles Dare" by Iron Maiden, from the Piece of Mind album!!! That is an amazing album.
Since the beginning, I never really had any patience to learn another instrument like guitar or bass. To me, drums were a raw instrument. When you hit it, it made a MASSIVE sound immediately, and to me, I could play along to anything.
Since my humble and NOISY beginnings, I never really then took up an instrument. My talents, and efforts were pointed in other directions - education and cricket. However, there was ALWAYS, lurking underneath, a huge passion for music. It wasn't until I was 19 years old that was thrust into the music scene. My very first band, I was the vocalist. I wasn't too bad actually haha. But the desire to play drums was far too great. Since that first band, i graduated to a drum kit, and from then on my journey into the Brisbane music scene took shape.
Now, with just on 20 years experience in music, countless tours in varied bands and different styles, living my dream as a full-time drummer is coming to fruition. Also, what better way to secure the future of drumming and music in Australia, than to provide lessons at affordable prices. Share the experience, and live the ride :-)
- I hold a valid Blue Card.
- Playing & performing in bands for over 15 years (covers & originals)
- Performed a range of styles - rock, pop, country, metal, industrial, progressive rock/metal
- Tours extensively up and down the east-coast of Australia
- Drum Teacher for over 7 years
- Bands Supported : Wednesday 13 (USA), Combichrist (USA), Mammal, 28 Days, Dallas Crane, Melodyssey, Dead Letter Circus, Airbourne
- Current Bands: The Ipod Shuffles (covers)
- Previous bands: Brimstone, P!NK Tribute band, Darkc3ll, Arctic, Each Revolving Door (ERD)
I currently receive lessons from Grant Collins. Over the years, I received lessons from Col Gillies, as well as many other amazing drummers.