I started drumming from the age of 5. I would bash coffee tin lids, and biscuit lids with chopsticks to Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Metallica. The very first song I remember playing along with was "Where Eagles Dare" by Iron Maiden from the Piece of Mind album.
From the beginning, I never had the patience to learn any other instruments. To me, drums were a raw instrument. When you hit it, it made a MASSIVE sound, and you could play along to anything.
Over the years i graduated to a drum kit, and from there my journey into the Brisbane music scene began.
Now with over 15 years experience, countless tours in varied bands and different styles, I could not think of a better way to secure the future of drumming than to provide lessons at affordable prices.
- I hold a valid Blue Card.
- Playing & performing in bands for over 15 years (covers & originals)
- Performed a range of styles - rock, pop, country, metal, industrial, progressive rock/metal
- Tours extensively up and down the east-coast of Australia
- Drum Teacher for over 5 years
- Bands Supported : Wednesday 13 (USA), Combichrist (USA), Mammal, 28 Days, Dallas Crane, Melodyssey, Dead Letter Circus, Airbourne
- Current Bands: The Ipod Shuffles (covers), The Black Project (originals), Brimstone (session work)
- Previous bands: P!NK Tribute band, Darkc3ll, Arctic, Each Revolving Door (ERD)
I currently receive lessons from Grant Collins. Over the years, I received lessons from Col Gillies, as well as many other amazing drummers.